Monday, September 13, 2010

Sunday September 5 - Going Home


Today we are finally headed home. The taxi arrived at 6:30AM. It has been a great vacation but it is exciting to finally go home. Here is a shot of our building. Our flat is the first one above the door with a balcony.



Sunrise on the Chelsea Bridge on way to the airport.


It was a beautiful Sunday morning.


There was no one at the airport that Sunday morning and we were checked in and through security within 1 hour. That gave us 2 hours to do some last minute duty free shopping. Cameron decided to check his email before we boarded the plane.


Here I am making some final posts before we leave. How did we end up with so much stuff.....



When we made our initial reservations we pre-booked our seats on both flights. However, United airlines changed the plane and the seats were different. I was assigned to sit by myself. A flight attendant started a conversation with us and I noticed the row behind Audra, Cam and Alex was empty. I asked her if I could move there. Right before we took off, she said go for it. We ended up with 2 rows and 6 seats.

Life is good....


The plane allowed us to watch several movies at our leisure.


I did not sleep on the plane since I knew if I did I would be up at 1AM Monday morning in LA. As it turned our, I fell asleep at 6:00pm Sunday night and woke up at 1:00 AM Monday anyway, Bummer.

We arrived home safe and sound Sunday afternoon at 1:30 PM. After we went through immigration, customs and gathered up our luggage it was now 2:30 PM. We were very grateful that Sandra set us up with a limo ride home. What made it even better was there was a traffic jam on the 405 due to an accident and that delayed us even more. We arrived at our door at 3:30.

Home sweet home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment